New York City Metro Area/New Jersey
- I have a unique combination of skillset for solving complex quality assurance challenges, and actually implementing a solution that works.
- Strong development and software engineering background.
- Strong knowledge of modern system architecture.
- Strong quality assurance skills, especially in the area of automated testing and performance testing.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed and learn quickly in challenging environment.
QA Manager, Leading Investment Bank, Jersey City, NJ.(March, 2007 - Current)
Senior QA Lead/Manager, Credit Suisse (formerly CSFB), New York, NY.(June, 2004 - Feb, 2007)
- Tools and languages used: LoadRunner, QuickTestPro, Quality Center / TestDirector, Java, Weblogic, Perl, Oracle, SQL.
- Led QA effort for Basel 2 implementation.
- Successfully brought in and implemented QA process with goal of improving quality and reduce development cycle.
- Implemented defect management, automated regression testing, performance testing, requirement review, code review, release management.
Software Consultant / Test Automation and Performance Engineer Consultant, JPMorganChase, New York, NY.(December, 1997 - May 2004)
- Tools and languages used: Advanced use of LoadRunner 6 - 7 (Web, Oracle 2-tier, WinSock, Corba-Java), WinRunner 4 - 7, C, Java 1.2/1.3, Caliber RM 3, Perl, DumpSEC/DumpACL, Oracle 8i, SQL.
- Led the Load Testing division of the Quality Assurance Services group. Was leading a small group that successfully provided performance testing services for multiple departments within JPMorgan Chase. Responsibilities include: mentor other team members, act as Mercury Tools domain expert, meet with client groups to determine performance requirements and goals, determe test strategies based on requirements and architecture, create and implement performance tests using Mercury Interactive's LoadRunner and WinRunner, extensive advanced programming of LoadRunner and WinRunner scripts, write custom functions and programs to support the load testing efforts, monitor resources to identify performance bottlenecks, analyze test results and report the findings to the clients, and provide recommendation for performance improvements as needed. The group received high recommendations from the client groups that were supported..
- Load and stress tested outsourced online corporate wide poll web site (IIS, ASP and MS SQLServer DB, Cisco LocalDirector and Netscape proxy servers):
- Identified functionality and performance issues, including: deadlock conditions, database connectivity problems, and system crashes under load.
- Provided management and vendor with analysis reports and recommendations, which resulted in a redesign of the architecture by the vendor. Communicated with the vendor to resolve issues.
- Confirmed the scalability of proxy servers and application under test after the architecture redesign.
- Re-certify the proxy servers and a new version of the poll site a few months later. Identified new performance issues with the web site that appeared in the new version.
- Load and stress tested an intranet online procurement application (IIS, ASP, MS SQLServer DB and an external procurement component from Metiom):
- Identified performance issues with the application and the integrated external procurement system from an outside vendor.
- Provided recommendations to the application owner on steps to meet performance goals.
- Load and stress tested a clustered Business Object's WebIntelligence deployment (IIS, Oracle, Sybase, Windows, Solaris Unix):
- Determined the scalability of the clustered configuration and benchmarked the cluster's performance under load.
- Identified configuration bottlenecks in the MS IIS and NT server and provided recommendations to overcome them.
- Created and coded a very flexible LoadRunner script that allowed for fast configuration changes during testing.
- Identified configuration issue in the WebSphere HTTP server that would freeze the system with only 40 users on the system; as well as race condition and bottleneck in the login process.
- Load and stress tested both client server and applet based Oracle Discoverer reporting tools (Oracle 8i Database, Java Servlet, Inprise Visibroker Corba, 2-tier Oracle and 3-tier Java Applet-Corba/Servlet-Oracle versions):
- Wrote a Perl script to schedule multiple load tests during off-peak hours.
- Created a scripts using Oracle 2-Tier virtual users to simulate multiple Discoverer users on the system.
- Worked with Mercury support team to allow LoadRunner to be able to correctly record Oracle Discoverer Applet (Java-Corba). The recorded session was later customized to be able to simulate multiple Discoverer Applet users on the system and to continue after system reboots.
- Load and stress tested a client-server customer profitability system and Oracle Sales Analyzer deployment through Citrix WinFrame/MetaFrame (PowerBuilder, Oracle, Windows, Citrix WinFrame and Solaris Unix):
- Implemented and created a modified TSL language module to perform load testing of the Citrix WinFrame server. The module allows the control of multiple GUI clients on a single host without requiring a second WinFrame server, allowing for higher scalability. This is the first known module that allows LoadRunner to control up to 15 or more WinFrame client sessions per host (URL: http://www.itechnologist.com/tech/).
- Successfully identified bottlenecks and functionality issues with the application when running under WinFrame under heavy load.
- Verified WinFrame server can handle expected client load before deployment.
- Load and stress tested various other applications:
- An online data capture application (IIS, ASP, MS SQLServer): customized script to dynamically select from available list.
- Document Direct - a client server based mainframe reporting tool (Winsock).
- Online Financial Reporting System (Netscape HTTP Server, BEA WebLogic, JSP, Servlet, EJB).
- Online Product Reporting System (IBM HTTP Server, IBM WebSphere, JSP, Servlet, EJB).
- Automated regression testing of a client server profitability reporting system (DCE, NobleNet, PowerBuilder, Oracle 7/8i, Windows, Solaris Unix):
- Developed advanced WinRunner TSL test scripts in programming mode.
- Administered a TestDirector deployment. Performed upgrades, used the DBAdmin tool to repair TestDirector database, troubleshoot client issues.
- Developed automated tests in Oracle SQL to verify reporting feature.
- Setup and administered a CaliberRM server, including setting up automated daily backups of the database.
- Utilized Caliber RBT (Requirement Based Testing) to perform requirement based testing for an online consultant procurement project. Analyzed requirement document by identifying ambiguous, incomplete and incorrect requirements. Developed test cases to ensure that the application is delivered according to requirement.
- Supported the Business Security Administration function by developing a process and program in Perl to automate the monthly audit process of Windows NT servers under administration.
- Led a team of automated testers to design, develop and implemented automated test scripts using Mercury Interactive's WinRunner. Supervised and trained team members on WinRunner, wrote TSL scripts in programming mode, created custom functions, administered and maintained updates to the TSL script and GUI maps.
- Installed, customized and administered Mercury Interactive's TestDirector, LoadRunner and WinRunner test tools. Troubleshoot any issues encountered, evaluate and perform upgrades on any of the tools in the Mercury test suite.
- Developed an automated test using Perl scripts to automate the black box testing of a security update process using Oracle database.
- Created a SQL generator program in Java to verify the functionality of the middle tier of a multi-million dollar data warehouse project. I was able to develop the program in a few months, and uncovered over 50 functionality bugs.
Owner and Chief Technologist, iTechnologist.com (May 2000 - Current)
- Tools and languages used: Perl, HTML, PHP4, MySQL, LRP (Linux Router Project) - router and firewall configuration, Linux and Ethernet LAN configuration.
- Maintain a personal web site, http://www.itechnologist.com/. The technical page of the site (http://www.itechnologist.com/tech/) was featured in an article in SQTE magazine ('Breaking the Language Barrier', November 2000).
- Designed, architected, and developed fully functional dynamic database driven web site using PHP4 and MySQL database. Site feature includes searches and support for multiple languages. (URL: http://www.resepmami.com/id/index.php )
- Configured a Linux based router and firewall utilizing LRP.
Chief Technologist, Networkshows.com (June, 1998 - June 1999)
- Tools and languages used: Java 1.2 (Servlet, JSP, JDBC), HTML.
- Designed and oversaw development of a dynamic database driven site using Java Servlet and JDBC.
- Implemented a real template driven presentation, allowing separation of content from layout and uniformity across the site (before JSP 1.1 was released). It also allowed for tailoring of the web site for different user bandwidth and browser by simply using different templates for different visitor.
- Administered a RealNetwork G2 RealServer, prepared and created RealAudio and RealVideo streaming presentation using SMIL, RealPix and RealText. Wrote Servlet to generate SMIL dynamically.
Programmer Analyst, Isogen International Corp., Dallas, TX. (September, 1996 - November, 1997)
- Tools and languages used: Omni*builder, Oracle 7, SGML, HTML, WinRunner 4, TestDirector 2.
- Analyzed, designed and implemented solutions for multi-format information for an automated legislative system for the State of Alabama using MS IIS, Omni*builder (Object Oriented Case tool), Oracle Database, SGML, HTML, and RTF.
- Designed and developed automated test scripts to ensure system integrity and functionality, using WinRunner and TestDirector.
- Participated as an ALIS (Alabama Legislative Information Systems) project member.
- Wrote and implement C-Shell script to automate the process of updating Mobil Oil's electronic documentation. Improves update time from several days down to under 5 hours, and achieves a higher percentage of accuracy.
- Setup demonstration package of Omnimark, a leading SGML conversion tool for SGML '96 Conference.
- Operating systems: UNIX (Solaris), Linux (2.x kernel), Windows 9x, Windows NT 4, Windows 2000.
- Tools: MS IIS, Apache HTTP Server, JRun, RealServer G2, Macromedia Dreamweaver, MS Office, Omni*builder, WinRunner, LoadRunner, TestDirector, Telnet, SSH, FTP, MS Visual Source Safe, TrueSoft TrueChange, Caliber RM, Caliber RBT.
- Standards: HTTP, XML, HTML, Cascading Style Sheet (CSS), SMIL (Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language), SGML (Standard Generalized Markup Language), DTD (Document Type Definition).
- Databases: Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, MS SQL Server and MS Access.
- Concepts: Structured System Analysis & Design; Client Server; Process, Data, and Object Oriented Design and Programming Methodologies; Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- MS in Information Systems
University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas
- BA in Management Information Systems
Minor in Computer Science
Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon
- Beta Gamma Sigma member, a responsible dogs owner.
Tech Page @